|Spoils of War||Tribute|
Patch V9.23 re-introduced new and reworked support item with gold income that restricts champions access to passive gold gain by allowing champion to carry only one item at any given time with the passive. Items having the passive supersede most of the 'gold per 10 seconds' items and it can be found from 12 items that can be grouped into two different colors (or groups or families) based on their gold generating features. These items allow their user to engage into the game lot more or even demands it.
Note that tier 1 and 2 have same the gold generation, the only difference is the gold per 10. Also note that tier 3 support item only have the gold per 10 and lose the Tribute/Spoils of War.
Gold per 10 seconds
- Zero effort: User doesn't know any of the item's effects or is simply idling at base.
- Min effort: User knows about the item effects but cannot fully utilize them. If a "bad use" of the item cannot be determined, it instead uses two-thirds (2/3) of the "max effort".
- Max effort: User maximizes the item's potential.
Depending what the champion is doing with the each of the items their gold generations varies a lot, from 2 and up to 18 gold per 10 seconds.
- Green Spoils of War items require a bit more effort and coordination with the AD carry, as the support has to take part in the minion killing. They reward from sticking together while farming and give nothing when soloing. They are also the only gold generating items that scale with minions value resulting in an increase to the gold per 10 seconds value over the game's duration.
- Blue Tribute items are the only group where an enemy champion affects the gold generation dramatically and minions are just on the way. They reward active harassment and punish the user the most from killing minions. Also the most difficult item group to maximize its potential as for its maximum potential enemy champion needs to be damaged three times with an ability or basic attack every 30 seconds without killing any minions.
Building support items on two champions sharing the same lane is not viable anymore since V9.23 because all support items grant reduced gold from minions after excessive minion farming, resulting in an overall lose of gold.
- Starter items
- Potions and Consumables
- Basic items
- Advanced items
- Finished items
- Minion and Turret items
- Special Game Mode Exclusive items
- Removed items