"Time for a shakedown."
Garena is a digital services company that engages in gaming, eSports, eCommerce and digital finance, primarily focusing on the South East Asian area. It was founded in Singapore in 2009, by current Chairman and Group CEO, Forrest Li. The parent company of Garena is Sea Limited, which also formerly called Garena. . Garena currently handles League of Legends publishing for Southeast Asia.
Garena Southeast Asia RegionGarena SEA dedicates servers in:
- The Philippines
- Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Macao
- Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia
- This server also hosts for Indonesia. The Indonesian server was shut down on 16th May 2019 12:01 am WIB (GMT +7) in order to merge it with with the Singapore and Malaysian servers.
Each Server has its own Headquarters and pricing for Champions, Skins, Bundles, etc. Currently, Server transfer is not available to these servers.
Garena Platform (Former Garena+) is the application used to login, install, download/update, and open the League of Legends client, which cannot be launched independently. The patch release is a little delayed compared to other Riot servers.
There is no Normal Draft Pick in SEA.
Garena and Future Riot Games
Garena won't provide future support for the SEA region. Riot will take over Garena to provide and support their future games in Southeast Asia. Garena Accounts are cannot be used for other games. 
Garena users can create a Riot account here.
- More Info: Riot Games Southeast Asia FAQ
Lucky Crates is a Garena-exclusive system that functions like a lootbox. you can get different rewards like Orange Essence, Blue Essence, Key Fragments, Hextech Chests, Masterwork Chests, Champion permanents or summoner icons. By default, there are 5 Lucky Creates: Champion Top,Champion Jungle, Champion Mid, Champion Bot and Champion Support, which award a random champion permanent according to their respective lane. The Champion crates cost 250 Riot Points. Other types of Lucky Crates may appear during events.
Store and Riot Points
League of Legends Southeast Asia has different skin tier price per server due to the differences in average income per region. However, except for the Vietnam server, all other servers follow the same skin rarity tier guideline of Riot Games with consistent pricing as well as item token pricing during events. In addition, Garena servers also have their own loot systems seperated from Hextech Crafting. The available methods to get certain skins may also be changed. For example, Prestige skins are removed from Hextech Crafting. There are regular discount events instead of weekly skin sales. Garena Shells are the currency used to purchase .
More info: Garena Shells to RP Update
- Rampage 2012-2017: The annual 2-days League of Legends event held in the Philippines. There are special E-sport events like Celebrity Showmatch (5v5 between local celebrities in the Philippines) and champion cosplaying. The ticket have 3 classes: Basic, Premium, and Deluxe. Each tickets have their own exclusive freebies (Skins, Jackets, T-Shirts, etc.) and perks.
- Globe Conquerors Manila: Globe Conquerors Manila replaced Rampage event. Globe Conquerors Manila introduced new events like Cosplay Clash, Runeterra Art Event, Teamfight Tactics showdown, and SEA Invitational.
- In January 2020, Garena Philippines dropped the price of Volcanic Wukong from to until January 31, 2020. This is meant to raise awareness for the concerning activity of the Taal Volcano in the Philippines, which began to spew ash and lava fountains earlier this month. 
- ↑ Wikipedia Garena
- ↑ https://lol.garena.com/news/indonesia-and-singaporemalaysia-server-merge
- ↑ https://www.riotgames.com/en/seafaqen
- ↑ https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201752874-Guide-to-Skin-Price-Tiers
- ↑ http://support.lol.garena.com/en_SG/articles/764
- ↑ https://dotesports.com/league-of-legends/news/volcanic-wukong-skin-price-reduced-to-1-rp-in-the-philippines
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8xxgjp/official_statement_from_garena_philippines/