Outside the Great City of Demacia, the stone colossus keeps vigilant watch. Built as a bulwark against enemy mages, he often stands motionless for decades until the presence of powerful magic stirs him to life. Once activated, Galio makes the most of his time, savoring the thrill of a fight and the rare honor of defending his countrymen. But his triumphs are always bittersweet, for the magic he destroys is also his source of reanimation, and each victory leaves him dormant once again.
Galio was built some time between the 3rd and 4th centuries AN, created during the kingdom's early years. His construction took two years, from the commissioning of Durand for the project to his official unveiling. Upon the slopes of the Greenfang Mountains, a group of Demacian soldiers was battered by a barrage of arcane magic projected by a powerful group of Noxian warmages. It was here that Galio absorbed the emanating magic and awoke for the first time.
Sometime after Lux had left the Great City of Demacia, he was summoned by her to aid herself, Winter's Claw allies.and other Demacian soldiers at a northern fortress in fighting off and his
Galio is takes the appearance of a large muscular gargoyle, with wing motifs reminiscent to theduring Demacia's early years. His body is mostly made of petricite, which is of a white marble-like color, Some gold elements are present around his body, giving him a regal appearance.
Galio, when active, has a cheerful personality, always eager to help people in need, as well as fight whenever called upon. He has no particular fondness for most mages, as most of his encounters with them are from opposing armies.
- Petricite Body: Galio is an immense colossus composed of Petricite, a magic-absorbing material that has been used by Demacians to protect them from magic for millennia. This made Galio a powerful being of vast powers, many maybe still unexplored.
- Magic Absorption: Galio can absorbs magic in his vicinity, rendering most mages powerless. He seems to be capable of controlling this ability, given that seems to be able to use magic when around him.
- Immense Strength: Thanks to his enormous size, Galio has immense strength, capable to destroy entire armies and create powerful shockwaves by clapping his wings.
- Invulnerability: Galio is particularly indestructible, and can resist massive amount of physical attacks that very few could survive.
- Flight: Despite his massive size, Galio can fly with no problem. It is unclear how much the wing-like construction on his back contribute to his flying abilities.
- Brawler: During his time as the protector of Demacia, Galio has learned several hand-to-hand combat moves, which he utilizes with his immense strength and durability.
was designed by Durand, who also crafted Sylas shackles.
Galio fought Noxian army at some point.and the
As most Demacians do, the Crownguards make an annual pilgrimage to visit Galio on the Memorial Road. This is how he first became aware of , reacting to the growing presence of the light magic within her each year ever since she was a toddler. Galio sees Lux as the only mage he likes and has become a sort of guardian to her. Lux is apparently the first person to have an actual conversation with him. She was 13-years-old at the time.
- Galio normally stands on a plinth (stated to somehow be both beside and straddling) the Memorial Road miles away to the south, far from the main highway apparently leading to the Last Gate of North Demacia City. At certain times of the year, the Memorial Road is flooded with travelers making their pilgrimages to the colossus, paying tribute to the symbol of Demacian resolve.
- As teased by "His secrets died with his sculptor." and later explained in biography and the subsequent Lux: Issue 2, Galio becomes animated once the petricite inside him has absorbed enough magic which was a design intention from Durand. in-game quote
- Birds often nest in Galio's crown. He apparently has not simply the appearance of eyes that he uses to see, but physical eyeballs that move in their sockets.
- Galio's height is 25 meters.
|5 Mar 2019 (During V9.5)||Added.|