Flash is a ground-targeted summoner spell that causes your champion to blink a short distance in the direction of the cursor.
- Flash can easily be used to escape from or catch up with a foe. It can be used to dodge or land abilities.
- It can also be used to move over walls, either for a quick escape or in response to an opponent's dash.
- It is an extremely popular summoner spell due to the mobility it offers, and is especially vital on champions that entirely lack mobility abilities, such as or .
- Flash will not interrupt abilities that have a cast time attached to them like , or abilities that can be charged like . This allows a champion to charge or cast an ability, then flash in for a surprise attack against enemies, as seen in the video below.
- Flash cannot be activated if the player is affected by hard crowd control.
- Flash cannot be cast while silenced or grounded.
- With the cooldown. rune, replaces Flash when it's on
- Prior to being a summoner spell, the alpha items and served the same function as Flash.
- For a time, the inclusion of Flash in the game was hotly debated and Riot Games Inc. even considered removing it from the game entirely, with parts of the community for and against removal. As a result, it has suffered several nerfs.
- You would need 49 Flash to go from one fountain to another, which would take 4 hours and 5 minutes.
- The first icon for 2011 mastery Blink of an Eye. was recolored blue for the icon for the Season
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.