Emotes are cosmetics in the Legends of Runeterra game which a player can use to communicate. 6 can be equipped at a time in a deck from the Deck tab of the Collection. In-game, they appear as animated stickers that stick to the screen then peel away when used, though if too many are used consecutively there is a cooldown. Emotes can be purchased from the Collection or Store tabs, and owned ones can be viewed in the Collection tab.
List of Emotes
Default Emotes are given to every player automatically upon account creation.
Store Emotes are permanently available in the store.
Event Emotes are earned or purchased during certain events and are generally not available after the event has concluded.
- Internally, emotes have different names:
- Alriiight Emote is called Hell Yeah
- Any Day Now Emote is called Bored.
- Back Away Slowly Emote is called Hiding.
- Big Flex Emote is called Urf Flex.
- Calculating... Emote is called Math.
- Can't Touch This Emote is called Not Even Close.
- C'mon C'mon Emote is called Top Deck.
- Deflated Emote is called Rage.
- Facepalm Emote is called Mistake.
- Gotcha Emote is called Confident.
- Hello There Emote is called Greeting.
- Jackal Cackle Emote is called Laughing.
- Just a Dash Emote is called Sand Bae.
- Juicy Emote is called Tastes Purple.
- Muahahaha Emote is called Laughing.
- Nice! Emote is called Praise.
- Not So Fast Emote is called Reversal.
- Not Sure If Emote is called Skeptical.
- Obliteration Emote is called Nooooo.
- OMG Emote is called Surprise.
- Over It Emote is called Ugh.
- Pure Magic Emote is just called Magic.
- Sad Poro Emote is just called Sad.
- Smart Emote is just called PogChamp.
- Time To Duel Emote is called Bring It.
- Try to Keep Up Emote is called Deflect.
- Undying Rage Emote is just called Rage.
- Well Played Emote is just called Respect.
- Yikes Emote is called Oops.
- You're Next Emote is just called Taunt.
- Poro Yawn emote is an unreleased emote found in the game files.
- In Juicy, Lulu drinks from a 3 Tasty Faefolk.
- Several emotes have alternate Chinese versions that are used for censorship:
- Alriight emote, due to Chinese laws against Manchurian or stereotypical Chinese depictions in media. Draven's facial hair is known as the Fu Manchu moustache, which was worn by historical Manchurian elite and Chinese villains in media. The mustache is also seen as culturally insensitive due to Chinese caricatures in the 19th and early 20th which depicted ethnic Chinese with this facial hair.
- Mind Blow and Muahahaha emotes, due to Chinese laws against depicting blood or red, their red colors have been changed to purple.
- Same censorship is done for the cards of these champions.
- Several emotes are references to popular internet memes:
- Cheers is a reference to Great Gatsby Reaction.
- Juicy is a reference to Dumb Fuck Juice.
- Obliteration is a reference to Kaiba’s Defeat.
- Phew is a reference to Sweating Towel Guy.
- Smart is a reference to Roll Safe.
- Sweating is a reference to Sweating Jordan Peele.
- All is Fine is a reference to This Is Fine.
- Just a Dash is a reference to Salt Bae
- How Dare You and Wasn't Me are references to Woman Yelling at a Cat
- None of That and This Right Here are references to Drakeposting
- I Guess is a reference to Confused Travolta
- Wowza! is a reference to Surprised Pikachu
- Oh, You! and Who, Me? are references to Daenerys Targaryen and Thor Squint