- For the monster, see Dragon pit (League of Legends).
- For the Legends of Runeterra's special group, see Dragon (Legends of Runeterra)
- For the other reasons, see Dragon (disambiguation)
|“||"Dragonology is a truly fascinating field."|
Dragons in the League of Legends multiverse are all the beings with reptilian morphology that come from the draconic lineage. These creatures that can be classified under Celestial Dragons or Terrestrial Dragons in origins.
NOTE: The "sub-species" mentioned are not genetically linked with each other, but share appearances. This similar appearance is because Terrestrial Dragons once mimicked its Celestial counterpart. Both "sub-species" take inspiration of Earth dragons from mythology, which are equally varied in appearance and cultural perceptions.
Non-playable Dragons are often depicted in Riot's games as formidable beings.
- In League of Legends the terrestrial sort are depicted as Epic Monsters known as drakes, residing in Summoner's Rift's dragon pit.
- In Legends of Runeterra, they are a special group of powerful units that grow stronger through killing others.
|“||"Dragons... such fascinating creatures."|
|— Demacian Dracologist Anden Mayne|
Other Related Champions
- helped take down her mother.
- controlled in the past.
- frequently interacts with .
|“||"Reptilian morphology, highly dangerous projectiles, and cute sounds when squeezed."|
According to , In Dragon World universe, draconic enzymes are highly flammable, and slobbery as well. He also considers resource guarding a common and a natural behavior of dragons.
Notable Terrestrial Dragons
|Air Dragon||A type of dragon able to control the elemental magics of wind.|
|Earth Dragon||A type of dragon able to control the elemental magics of earth. Their bodies have strong rock like scales.|
|Fire Dragon||Most common type of dragon in the physical realm. Able to control the elemental magics of fire. Can spew fire blasts from its mouth and emanate fire from the surface of its body.is considered part of this grouping.|
|Ice Dragon||A type of dragon able to control the elemental magics of ice. Can spew ice shards from its mouth and emanate cold from the surface of its body.||
|Spirit Dragon||A type of dragon related or strongly connected to the spirit realm or possibly nature itself. Most appear ghostly in the physical realm, while some ( Immortal Journey universe) can take the form of a powerful warrior or king.|
|Storm Dragon||A type of dragon able to control the elemental magics of electricity. Can create lightning storms and powerful electric attacks. ( Dragonmancer universe) is considered part of this grouping.|
|Water Dragon||A type of dragon able to control the elemental magics of water. Can spew water blasts from its mouth or is made of water itself.|
|Other Dragons||Other types of dragons. Their magical type is not well showcased to determine where they fit in.|
|Pseudo Dragons||It refers to dragon sub-species or lesser dragons that have little to no affinity to elemental magic.|
Notable Celestial Dragons
- Aurelion Smol ( Event Horizon universe)
- Aurelion Smol also known as the Golden Small is a loyal companion to the of the Cosmic Court. It resembles .
- Aurelion Sol
- Aurelion Sol also known as the Golden Sun and The Star Forger is one of the oldest celestial dragons in existence. Responsible for the creation of countless stars and constellations, including The Great Beyond and Runeterras sun. Enslaved by the Aspects of Targon, he plots for the day he would take revenge upon them and all of Runeterra.
- Inviolus Vox
- Inviolus Vox also known as the Unshakeable Voice is a celestial dragon and a single celestial mind who speaks simultaneously through countless beings spread across the cosmos. His legendary voice echoes through time and space, summoning his kin to him. Inviolus Vox has descended upon Runeterra, and waits for Aurelion Sol command to summon all dragonkind to this lowly place.
- The Great Beyond
- The Great Beyond a Dragon Constellation and Aurelion Sol's favorite creation and magnum opus. It is unique among other celestial dragons in that it was specifically created to bring forth annihilation on a terrestrial world like Runeterra.
- The Infinite Mindsplitter
- The Infinite Mindsplitter destroys the minds of travelers who lock eyes with the creature. It is said that these travelers are struck by a knowledge so profound, an insight so awesome, that their minds crumble beneath its gaze.
Some species are both fearsome and majestic, having a society that revolves around strength and might and because of their egoistic and narcissistic pride, mixing their blood with that of races outside of dragonkind are seen as an abomination, a cancer that must be eradicated utterly. Many dragons persecute such defiled creations and their perpetrators to no end, a thing that, the Half-Dragon, found out firsthand.
- The Kingdom of Demacia is heavily into Dragonology, an entire field of science dedicated in studying Dragons, having researchers that study dragons their entire life. The Dragonguard are an order of knights dedicated in defending Demacia from dragon attacks. Interestingly, a dragon named has joined their order and is well respected among its higher ranked members.
- The monks of the Shojin Order of Ionia have dedicated their lives in honing their skills that they believe come from the spirit of the dragon. Ionia itself is the home for many dragon species, and as such people of the First Lands are familiar with dragons and their behaviors.
- The jungles of Ixtal are home to the largest concentration of elemental dragons across known Runeterra that can rarely be found elsewhere. Curiously, the abandoned ruins scattered throughout Ixtal are home to a surprising number of dragons. These terrifying creatures have not fought alongside mortals since the last days of Shurima's war against the Void—now, for the most part, they seem content just to be left alone.
- The Empire of Noxus weaponize several sub-species of drakes for their military purposes from territories across their empire. They are used as mounts, hunting beasts, or battering rams.
- The slopes of Mount Targon are a home to many different dragon species, both terrestrial and celestial alike. It is here where Dragon Heralds worship dragons as Gods. was forced into servitude and is here where your twilight dragons ascend and become celestial dragons.
- The Science of Dragons is called Dragonology, and its researchers are called Dracologists.
- old lore explained a bit of Dragon physiology. Dragons have a form of sexual dimorphism, where the females are always born with an 'Elemental Rune' for a heart. In Shyvana's case, she was born with a fire rune. This suggests that all the elemental drakes are females and elder dragons are males, since only females are linked to an element.
- The Dragon World universe depicts a world where Dragons roam free in vast numbers.
- The Dragonmancer universe depicts a world where characters wield the powers of ancient and might dragons.
- In the Multiverse, there are several types of dragon skins:
- Dragon themselves
- (Fallen Dragon)
- Characters wielding a dragons power
- Characters slaying or training dragons
- Characters with dragon motifs on them
- Related Music
- Related Videos