- For League of Legends, see Dragon pit (League of Legends). For other uses, see Dragon (disambiguation).
|“||"Celestial dragons live and die by our own beautiful rules."|
Dragons in the Runeterra universe are sapient winged creatures that can be classified under Celestial Dragons or Terrestrial Dragons in origins.
|“||"All terrestrial dragons are but pale imitations of my kind."|
Runeterra have great species diversity, with over 200 types of talking dragons being present in Ionia alone according to . Some species are both fearsome and majestic, having a society that revolves around strength and might and because of their egoistic and narcissistic pride, mixing their blood with that of races outside of dragonkind are seen as an abomination, a cancer that must be eradicated utterly. Many dragons persecute such defiled creations and their perpetrators to no end, a thing that , the Half-Dragon, found out firsthand. The firstborn female dragons of certain dragon bloodlines have elemental rune shards within them, which gives them their elemental powers. There are over five types of elemental dragons, including , , , drakes and . While dragons reside across Runeterra, most elemental drakes live in Ixtal and can rarely be found elsewhere.are a special group of reptiles that may reach near-giant sizes and often with great lifespan. Dragons of
With abilities far beyond their terrestrial kin, celestial dragons are capable of shaping certain aspects of the universe like forging new stars. They have incredibly long lifespans and are seemingly immortal. Targon and its Aspects. As matter imitates the shape of greater energies, similar to how a logarithmic spiral is found in a nautilus shell and a galaxy, terrestrial dragons are shaped after their celestial counterparts, even though they have no bloodline connection.has forged stars since the dawn of time, and now unwillingly serves
- Other Related Champions
- helped take down her mother.
- controlled in the past.
- frequently interacts with .
- old lore explained a bit of Dragon physiology. Dragons have a form of sexual dimorphism, where the females are always born with an 'Elemental Rune' for a heart. In Shyvana's case, she was born with a fire rune. This suggests that all the elemental drakes are females and elder dragons are males, since only females are linked to an element.
- The Dragon World skin line depicts a world where Dragons roam free in vast numbers.
- Related Music
- Related Videos