"I taught Doran everything he knows." -
Effrem E. Doran is an unknown non-playable character in League of Legends and the individual after whom several starter items are named after.
Doran is responsible for the creation of the following items:
- Featured in the Journal of Justice (Issue 18: The Mailbag of Justice).
- His surname Doran comes possibly from Gaelic Ó'Deóradháin "descendants of exiles" < deóradh < Brittonic di-brogis < Proto-Celtic *di-mrogis lit. "away from the border"
- Effrem comes seemingly from Hebrew toponym, tribal, & personal name Ep̄rayim אֶפְרַ֫יִם, from Proto-West-Semitic *piry- "fruit"
- ↑ McBain, A. Etymological Dictionary of the Gaelic language, p. 117
- ↑ Matasović, R. Etymological dictionary of Proto-Celtic, p. 97, 280
- ↑ Encyclopædia Biblica,
vol. 2, p. 1309-10
- ↑ Weninger et al. The Semitic languages, p. 201