Chroma skins are recolored variants of a champion's classic or purchasable skins. Each Chroma is available for purchase individually for , as well as part of a bundle known as a Chroma Pack at a discounted price. Chromas go on sale for 2000 or each during the Essence Emporium. The first Chroma skins came live with patch V5.8 on April 28, 2015 in Season Five. Some chromas are special than others:
- Golden: all Golden Chromas are a part of events and only unlockable through the Hextech system. Most of them will be listed in the Loot Exclusive section.
- Ruby: since V8.15, these chromas are only unlockable by buying the chroma bundle.
- This has not been the case as the first instance of these chromas being bundle exclusive goes as far as V8.3.
- Emerald/Peridot: since V8.20, these chromas are part of the Partner Program. For more information, see the Partner Program Chroma section.
- Chromas: 24/25 of his chromas are unlockable only by buying icons.
The following Chromas are only available in the Legacy Vault:
Soccer Cup 2018:
The following Chromas will not be available in the future:
These Chromas are usually released during an event and only are available during that time with event currency. These Chromas have the possibility to return.
Partner Program Chromas
These chromas are part of the Partner Program, a promotional scheme wherein content creators from around the world were given codes that they can distribute to their viewers that unlock the chroma as well as all necessary content to use the chroma (i.e. the champion and skin). To redeem the code, you have to follow these steps.
The first Partner Program Chroma distributed was for , but this Chroma was not given the exclusivity that would become the standard - and is available in-store as with any other Chroma. Since then, all subsequent Partner Program Chromas have been exclusively available from the Partner Program and one-time Essence Emporium sale.
In order of release:
While all Partner Program Chromas have been green, not all green chromas are associated with the Partner Program, as is the case with 's Emerald chroma.
- The word 'chroma' is for ' ', reflecting how a Chroma is a skin in 'another color'.
- Chromas usually only change the base texture of their parent skins but on very rare occasions, will change their particles.
- Each Chroma pack released prior to V6.17 were only available as part of a bundle, and had unique collection names. For example, a wearing a Chroma of his Classic skin would appear as Lucian Prime in the Loading Screen.
- For maintenance purposes, bundle names have been dropped from the League of Legends Wiki. The following is listed for archival purposes:
- Before V7.22, Chromas went on sale for IP twice a year. During IP sales, individual Chromas costed 2000 or each. After that, IP became BE, making the cost for Chromas 2000 or .