The Brackern are a species of sapient, crystalline scorpions with great magical power that live peacefully in Shurima.
Other Related Champions
- is powered up by a brackern hextech crystal that obtained from Shurima.
- hextech sniper rifle possesses as brackern hextech crystal.
- and her family extracted brackern hextech crystals from mines in Shurima, her own heart being a Hextech crystal.
- temporal device is powered by a brackern hextech crystal shard scavenged from the wreckage of and battle.
- and once possessed a powerful but difficult to manage brackern hextech crystal, before Jayce destroyed it to thwart Viktor's plans.
- and have stumbled upon several stolen shipments of brackern hextech crystals when they were young.
- companion orb has a brackern hextech crystal for a hextech heart.
- is one of the few individuals in Piltover capable of fully hearing the brackern voices within hextech crystals.
A brackern's most noticeable visual feature is its crystalline exoskeleton. It is unclear what kind of inner body anatomy they posses, however, they do posses mouths which would indicate the existence of some kind of internal anatomy (if at least a basic one). Brackern are a very long living species, with individuals being able to live for at least a millennia. They are also able to hibernate for centuries, only waking up when being disturbed by outside forces.
A brackern's namestone is one of the most important parts of a brackern's body, being critical to the livelihood and culture of the brackern, so much so that those with stolen stones face immediate death if they should wake, and many cannot even be roused from their slumber without one.
Through their namestones, the Brackern posses a hive mind connection with each other, being able to sense each other from long distances. Piltover.himself was able to sense the cries of the namestones from as far as
For thousands of years the brackern lived peacefully in a secluded corner of Shurima. With the coming of the Rune Wars, the brackern hid themselves by hibernating beneath the earth to wait out the devestation. In recent times the sleeping brackern were discovered by shuriman and piltovan thieves alike which stole several namestones from their bodies.
These namestones, dubbed hex crystals by piltovans, would be used to power mechanical inventions known as hextech (heavily supported by the Medarda Clan), as well as for trivial trinkets such as jewelry. , one of the strongest brackern, was able to wake himself and has set out to reclaim all of the stolen namestones while also ensuring that no humans ever find the valley where the rest of his kind is currently in hibernation.
- Piltovan scientist have created synthetic hex crystals as an alternative power source for hextech devices. It is unclear if this was done to prevent the wide exploitation of Brackern namestones, or as a result of the namestones being a finite and a difficult to gather resource. Ferros Clan is one the clans which are responsible for the discovery of namestones as well as the production of synthetic crystals.
- While weapons are hextech, it is unclear if they use brackern crystals or synthetic replicas.