|This article is outdated. Please update this article to reflect recent events or newly available information.|
Base Gates are a terrain feature found on Summoner's Rift that act as team-specific access to a base. Two such gates exist per team, located between the base entrances to the top and middle lanes and between the entrances to the middle and bottom lanes.
Champions of their respective base gate may pass through in either direction, whether into the base or out of the base. Enemy base gates are treated as impassible terrain.
- These abilities will only activate their terrain effects if the target is unable to access the gate. If this is not fulfilled, then they will simply be pushed through the gate to no unique effect.
- These abilities will always activate their terrain effects regardless of the alignment of the gate relative to the user.
- will trigger its terrain effect only if Nautilus stands a moderate distance away from the gate. When cast in close proximity, the projectile will otherwise pass through the gate to no unique effect.
- cannot be used to force a champion inside a base gate they do not own, but can be pulled through it if Skarner walks through the gate to the other side, provided there is enough space for the champion to be located.
- Traps such as or cannot be placed inside a gate under any circumstances.