Baron Nashor is the most powerful neutral monster on Summoner's Rift in League of Legends. Killing Baron Nashor grants to all living teammates for 180 seconds. The buff gives bonus attack damage, bonus ability power, , and an aura that greatly increases the power of nearby minions.
voidborn creature residing on Summoner's Rift. This one of a kind creature has a shape and behavior of a river serpent. What differentiates it from a regular serpent is its numerous arachnid appendages, as well as two additional mouths protruding from its head area. The creature has 12 eyes (some of them injured due to past battles), a mouth with sharp teeth that can gape open wide for larger prey, and horned like crests on the top of the head. The colours of the creatures exoskeleton go from dark purple to light teal. This creature was believed to be deceased for numerous centuries, but due to recent Void rifts opening on Summoner's Rift it has reemerged again.is a
The following list displays the known set of abilities that Baron Nashor may activate. While not revealed in a player's Death Recap, their debuffs and animations are visible and distinctive, allowing players to work around them.
Baron Nashor will attack the unit closest to him.
- Single-target rear Attack: If the target is behind Baron Nashor, he erects a spike that deals 100% AD physical damage to the target.
- Ranged attack: If the target is in front of Baron Nashor, he deals 100% AD physical damage to the target and applies two stacks of Voracious Corrosion.
- Melee attack: If the target is in front of Baron Nashor within about melee range, he occasionally uses a melee attack instead of a ranged attack, dealing 100% AD physical damage to the target and 50% AD physical damage to nearby units.
- Presence of the Baron: While Baron Nashor is alive, all obstructing units, wards, and targetable traps are shoved to the edge of the pit.
- Debuff Immunity: Immune to all forms of crowd control except stasis. Additionally, Baron Nashor's stats cannot be reduced by any means.
- Baron's Gaze: Baron Nashor takes 50% reduced damage from the unit that he has most recently basic attacked for 8 seconds, reduced to 4.5 seconds after Baron Nashor is slain.
- Voracious Corrosion: Reduces the target's armor and magic resistance by 0.5, stacking up to 100 times for a total of 50 maximum resistances reduction. Lasts for 8 seconds, reduced to 4.5 seconds after Baron Nashor is slain.
- Void Corruption: Basic attacks cause another burst of 60 (+ 20% AD) bonus magic damage that can occur every 0.75 seconds. This attack targets the nearest champion with the lowest number of Voracious Corrosion stacks, applying another stack.
- Baron Nashor will activate an ability once every 6 basic attacks. Baron's first spell will be random. However, all spells after the first may be predicted; Baron Nashor's ability rotation is cyclical (ex. Acid Pool > Acid Shot > Tentacle Knockup > Acid Pool). If there are more units behind Baron Nashor than in front of him, he will activate the Area-of-effect rear Attack instead.
- Acid Pool: Baron Nashor spits out 3 pools of acid in a cone in front of him, dealing 10% AD magic damage to all champions hit and creating a field that slows the targets' movement speed by 50% within the pool's radius.
- Acid Shot: Baron Nashor spits acid down along a straight line, dealing 20% AD magic damage to all enemies it hits.
- Tentacle Knockup: After a brief delay, Baron Nashor knocks up all enemies at the target location, dealing 25% AD magic damage. Tremors below will indicate the targeted location.
- Area-of-effect rear Attack: Erects a cluster of spikes dealing 50% AD physical damage and stunning for 0.5 seconds.
Baron Nashor is a highly coveted objective that is difficult to fight without proper strength and personnel. A tank to endure the damage is almost always required, otherwise there are few champions that can battle the monster self-sufficiently, mainly utilizing immense sustainability and DPS.
Securing Baron Nashor is a high-risk investment with the resistance-shred debuff and the confined pit providing an advantage to an intervening counterattack. Sight control of the pit is also essential to securing the kill, obscuring the opportune moment to intervene and steal the objective. With these risks, fighting Baron Nashor is preferably conducted while the enemy is indisposed.
- Brandon 'Ryze' Beck stated a Visual Update was coming for Baron Nashor, later revealed in A Twist of Fate and finally implemented when Summoner's Rift was too visually updated.
- Old Baron Nashor's skull was placed within his modern counterpart's pit in patch V5.7.
- During Snowdown Showdown 2012, players could earn a summoner icon featuring old Baron Nashor's main head with a santa hat on.
- Nashor is an for Roshan, being a tribute to the monster filling a similar role in Defense of the Ancients.
- A box labeled 'Baron Acid' can be seen in the preview video for the launch of the League of Legends' Mac Version.
- In the Death Recap screen, Voracious Corrosion is labeled as 'WormAttack' and Wrath of the Ancients 'wrathdamage'.
- Baron Nashor was revealed to be a Voidborn during Q&A (LAN server).
- He is the biggest Voidborn known.
- Voracious Corrosion old icon was recycled from .
- The icon for was recycled from .
- If Baron and . Elder Dragon's HP regen is so high (250 HP/s) that Baron can't even deal damage to him. had a duel, Baron Nashor will lose
- The Baron Nashor residing in Summoners Rift is revealed to be male by Evelynn in one of her quotes.
- Related Music
- Related Videos