Baron Nashor is the most powerful neutral monster on Summoner's Rift in League of Legends. Killing Baron Nashor grants to all living teammates for 210 seconds. The buff gives bonus attack damage, bonus ability power, , and an aura that greatly increases the power of nearby minions.
voidborn creature residing on Summoner's Rift. This one of a kind creature has a shape and behavior of a river serpent. What differentiates it from a regular serpent is its numerous arachnid appendages, as well as two additional mouths protruding from its head area. The creature has 12 eyes (some of them injured due to past battles), a mouth with sharp teeth that can gape open wide for larger prey, and horned like crests on the top of the head. The colours of the creatures exoskeleton go from dark purple to light teal. This creature was believed to be deceased for numereous centuries, but due to rescent Void rifts opening on Summoner's Rift it has reemerged again.is a
The following list displays the known set of abilities that Baron Nashor may perform. While not revealed in a player's Death Recap, their debuffs and animations are visible and distinctive, allowing players to work around them.
- Melee attack: Deals 100% AD to all enemies within a 175-unit radius.
- Single-target rear Attack: Erects a spike that deals 100% AD damage and stuns for 1 second.
- Area-of-effect rear Attack: Erects a cluster of spikes dealing 50% AD damage and stunning for 1 second.
- Presence of the Baron: While Baron Nashor is alive, all obstructing units, wards, and targetable traps are shoved to the edge of the pit.
- Debuff Immunity: Immune to all forms of crowd control except stasis. Additionally, Baron Nashor's stats cannot be reduced by any means.
- Baron's Gaze: Baron Nashor takes 50% reduced damage from the champion that he has most recently basic attacked for 15 seconds.
- Voracious Corrosion: Reduces the target's armor and magic resistance by 0.5, stacking up to 100 times for a total of 50 maximum reduction. Basic attacks apply two stacks.
- Void Corruption: Basic attacks cause another burst of 60 (+ 20% AD) bonus magic damage that can occur every 0.75 seconds. This attack targets the nearest champion with the lowest number of Voracious Corrosion stacks, applying another stack.
- Baron Nashor will activate an ability once every 6 auto attacks. Baron's first spell will be random. However, all spells after the first may be predicted; Baron Nashor's ability rotation is cyclical (ex. Acid Pool > Acid Shot > Tentacle Knockup > Acid Pool).
- Acid Pool: Baron Nashor spits out 3 pools of acid in a cone in front of him, dealing 10% AD magic damage to all champions hit and creating a field that slows targets' movement speed within the pool's radius.
- Acid Shot: Baron Nashor spits acid down along a straight line, dealing 20% AD magic damage to all enemies it hits.
- Tentacle Knockup: After a brief delay, Baron Nashor knocks up all enemies at the target location, dealing 25% AD magic damage. Tremors will indicate the targeted location.
- Baron Nashor applies a debuff that greatly reduces a target's armor and magic resistance. This can potentially reduce a champion's armor/magic resistance to below zero, making them highly vulnerable to both types of damage.
- Targeted dashes such as , , and initially move the Champion inside of Baron Nashor's model before being placed inside of his attack range.
- Baron Nashor is often a key objective in many games due to its massive gold bonus (+ 300/player) and global buff.
- Due to Baron Nashor's immense fighting power, slaying him should generally not be attempted until later into the game, and only with multiple teammates around to aid you.
- Soloing Baron Nashor is usually impossible. It is generally only feasible very late into the game with a champion who has immense sustainability, DPS, and tankiness; and even then it is not guaranteed. Most champions who are capable of soloing the Baron are bruisers or tanks such as , , , or . However, there are some exceptions; a skilled or player, for instance, has the ability to solo Baron with relative ease.
- Killing Baron Nashor with a team is fairly simple. Baron primarily attacks the target closest to him, so with proper positioning, a tank or bruiser can be made to take the brunt of the damage.
- The enemy team often has one or more wards placed inside of the Baron pit. If you do not clear these wards with the use of a or , they may attempt to contest Baron Nashor, which can be extremely dangerous for your team, as most of your teammates will likely be trapped inside of the Baron pit and/or weakened by the Baron's armor/magic resistance shred. Because of this, it is generally extremely risky to attempt to slay Baron Nashor while the majority of the enemy team is alive.
- Baron Nashor's
buff is given to the team that deals the killing blow on Baron. This means that even if one team is incapable of directly contesting the Baron head-on, a player can possibly swoop in and steal the Baron kill with a well-timed , , , or similar high-damage execute. This is almost definitely a suicide mission and is an extremely high-risk maneuver. However, successfully stealing Baron can turn the tide of a game dramatically. Some Champion's abilities, such as , however, can out-damage if she has enough stacks or even a well-timed fourth shot of .
- In the same vein, Champions possessing abilities (usually their ultimate) with a considerable range can attempt to do the same with less risk by dealing the killing blow from a distance. However, this is very difficult to properly execute, due to the near-perfect timing required upon the player's part and a usual requirement of vision inside of the Baron pit. While 'blind' Baron steals are feasible, they are extremely rare and unreliable. Some examples of abilities that can potentially steal the Baron from range include: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , and .
- Brandon 'Ryze' Beck stated a Visual Update was coming for Baron Nashor, later revealed in A Twist of Fate and finally implemented when Summoner's Rift was too visually updated.
- Old Baron Nashor's skull was placed within his modern counterpart's pit in patch V5.7.
- During Snowdown Showdown 2012, players could earn a summoner icon featuring old Baron Nashor's main head with a santa hat on.
- Baron Nashor's name is a tribute to Roshan, a monster filling a similar role in Defense of the Ancients, with his name being an of his.
- A box labeled 'Baron Acid' can be seen in the preview video for the launch of the League of Legends' Mac Version.
- In the Death Recap screen, Voracious Corrosion is labeled as 'WormAttack' and Wrath of the Ancients 'wrathdamage'.
- Baron Nashor was revealed to be a Voidborn during Q&A (LAN server).
- He is the biggest Voidborn known.
- Voracious Corrosion's old icon was recycled from .
- The icon for was recycled from .
- If Baron and 
have a 1v1 fight at Baron pit, Baron Nashor will lose.
- Elder Drake’s HP regen is so high (250 HP per second) that Baron can’t even deal damage to him.
- Related Music
- Related Videos