The Avarosan are one of the dominant tribes in the Freljord.
Champions of the Avarosan
Other Related Champions
The original Avarosan was one of the oldest tribe in Freljord, named after Avarosa, one of the legendary Three Sisters. It was led by Grena, mother. After discovering that her tribe were killed during her absence when trying to fight Avarosa's Throne, Ashe reunited with and travelled to the Winter's Claw. Sejuani welcomed Ashe into her tribe, becoming Battlesisters, but the other tribesmen such as the Frost Priests and her mother Kalkia refuse to accept her among them. Trying to challenge her mothers rule, Sejuani stages an attack on the Ebrataal tribe who was allied to Winter's Claw but were weak and had no Iceborn among them. Founding out the true nature of this attack, Ashe refused to go further with Sejuani's plan and stood to protect the assaulted tribesmen, vowing to take them away across the Ice Sea. Enraged by Ashe's decision, Sejuani and the other Winter's Claw allied to her left the Ebrataal tribe, branding Ashe as a traitor. Ashe took the Ebrataal tribe upon herself and renamed them to the Avarosan, after the tribe her mother once led.
The Avarosan Bloodsworn
After his clan was nearly wiped out by the Darkin, Tryndamere and the remnants of his clan arrived in the Avarosan capital. The warrior threw himself into every dueling ring he could find to show his clan's worth, and win them the Avarosan leader's protection so that he could return to thoughts of revenge against the dark creature. But even as every duel was won, his singular fury was deeply unsettling, his rapid healing between bouts was also noted-the more Tryndamere gave in to his rage, the more quickly his body healed. Many suspected he and his clan practiced strange and unnatural magics, and so Tryndamere's plan was now endangering the wider acceptance of his people. However their warmother, , was looking to strengthen her position with a political marriage... to someone who could face down the endless challengers for her hand, and to her rule. Seeing an opportunity in the barbarian, she pledged to take in his clan as Avarosans, if Tryndamere became her first and only bloodsworn. Tryndamere accepted reluctantly. As he spent more time in Ashe's company, he began to believe that she was indeed the divine reincarnation of Avarosa herself. His rage found temperance in her thoughtful leadership. Though a political marriage, the attraction they felt for each other was palpable, and slowly a true affection blossomed.
Now, the Avarosan are those whom are loyal to . While others war, Ashe works day and night to establish a single alliance throughout the Freljord. They are an agglomeration of progressive tribes that believe in diplomacy through the teachings of Avarosa. They dwell mostly in the slightly warmer regions, and many settlements under their banner are agrarian. Though Ashe's methods are peaceful, she is still backed by a powerful and committed army. Ashe has many tribes allied with her and several people such as: , , , and .
- : Originally attacked by Sejuani before she was Warmother. Ashe prevented their killing and accepted them as the first tribe to join her reformed Avarosan tribe. The tribe was originally made up completely of warmbloods.
- Ice Veins: Only information about them is that they are now a part of Ashe's tribe.
- Red Snow: Coastal tribe to the south-east. This tribe defeated Noxian warbands.
- Stonepicks: Formerly lived in the southern mountains.
- Snow Followers: Tribe of extreme brutality. Former Warmother was Hildhur Svarhem. Hildhur had a true ice axe called Joutbane as a weapon.
- Tryndamere's Barbarians: They were known for their dueling skills. The had a patriarchal system of governance until a large amount of the tribe was decimated. Its former leader, , is oathbound to .