"First light approaches."
- Suggested Category
- Gameplay elements / Ability types
Attached refers to units whose movement is bound entirely to another unit. They will be at their 'Anchor' unit's current location at all times while attached, or at a specific offset to that location.
The offset can have a variable distance, but has a fixed direction based on the Anchor's facing.
Attached often comes with the untargetability status effect and disables basic attacking, but does not necessarily have to include those elements. Similarly, the 'Anchor' or attached unit dying does not always free the other from the bond.
- Does not apply effects if Kayn leaves attached or his target dies.
- Cleansing effects that remove the suppression will also disable the attach, but the ability will continue performing.
- Battle Sled
PENDING FOR TEST: Non-champion abilities with attach
The following champion abilities do not influence the use of attachment but behave quite alike:
- knockback), which, during the reel-in phase, continuously makes the victim move towards the source while suppressed. Cleansing the suppression during the reel-in will prevent the Forced Movement from being renewed, but will still have the most recent one present and move the victim to Urgot's previous location. uses a chain of Forced Movements (like a
- suppression. If Skarner moves very quickly this becomes very noticeable as the offset is not always the same (neither direction nor distance). The target always 'dashes' across the map to Skarner's previous location. is a bunch of forced movements under
- Big Snowball to Nunu & Willump at an offset in front of them. creates and affixes a
- creates and links to herself. Valor is considered a unit but cannot be interacted with.
- dashes by following the current position of his target every tick with an offset. , when held,
- PENDING FOR TEST
Interacting with Attach
- champions currently attached to his target.
, upon activation, checks for, then removes all
- PENDING FOR TEST: This considers all attached units/there are exceptions.
- Non-champion units occasionally do not get destroyed at the end of their lifespan, path-finding their way to a random waypoint on the map and remaining there for the rest of the game.
- When an attached buff is not properly removed, a unit can stay attached to their 'Anchor' indefinitely. When the other effects run out, a player attached to someone else can cast abilities and use basic attacks within their own range, but is unable to move. They will always return to their 'Anchor' when blinking away to a far distance.
- By default (when no other animation is called/applicable), attached units will use their 'idle' animation, even while being moved around by their 'Anchor'.
- For comparison, a unit that is being knocked back will use their standard 'run' animation by default.
- Unlike dashing or being knocked across the map, being attached does not show your current movement on the mini map.