This article or section is substantially or structurally incomplete. You can help the League of Legends Wiki by expanding it. For more projects, see the Community To Do List.
Attached refers to the state of a unit whose movement is bound entirely to another object, such as a unit or missile. They will be at their 'Anchor' object's current location at all times while attached, or at a specific offset to that location.
The offset can have a variable distance, but has a fixed direction based on the Anchor's facing.
Attached often comes with untargetability and disables basic attacking, but does not necessarily have to include those elements. Similarly, the death of the 'Anchor' or attached unit does not always free the other from the bond.
- Akshan "rides" a missile that orbits around the hook location on the wall, travelling at a fixed speed. The missile has no visuals and cannot be destroyed by missile-blocking effects.
- Does not apply effects if Kayn leaves attached or his target dies.
- Cleansing effects that remove the suppression will also disable the attach, but the ability will continue performing.
- Yuumi's animation makes it seem like she is attached at an offset, but she is always at the center of her 'Anchor' .
- Battle Sled
- A driveable vehicle. The first person that clicks on the Sled is enacted as the driver and their allies can join as travelers. Champions who are in the Sled are untargetable and attached to it until impact or they manually exit. This feature is unique to the occasionally available game mode Nexus Blitz.
𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 : Non-champion abilities with attach
The following champion abilities do not influence the use of attachment but behave quite alike:
- pulls (knockbacks), which, during the reel-in phase, continuously makes the victim move towards Urgot's meat grinder while they remain suppressed. Cleansing the suppression during the reel-in will prevent the pull from being renewed, but will still have the most recent one present and move the victim to Urgot's previous location. uses a chain of
- suppression. If Skarner moves very quickly this becomes very noticeable as the offset is not always the same (neither direction nor distance). The target always 'dashes' across the map to Skarner's previous location. is a bunch of forced movements under
- Big Snowball to Nunu & Willump at an offset in front of them. The snowball is a unit but cannot be interacted with, apart from it colliding with terrain, in which case the channel is interrupted. creates and affixes a
- creates and links to herself. Valor is a unit but cannot be interacted with.
- dashes by following the current position of his target every tick with an offset. , when held,
- uses a chain of Forced Movements.
- uses a chain of Forced Movements.
- exists soley as part of her champion model when it is 'on her'.
- pulls the target to Poppy's destination.
- 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓
Interacting with Attach
- champions currently attached to the caster and/or his target.
, upon activation, checks for, then removes all
- If is on either of the two, he will not detach nor will he enter the dimension, but he will still follow whoever he's assigned to and attack whenever they do despite them being in another realm.
- Non-champion units occasionally do not get destroyed at the end of their lifespan, path-finding their way to a random waypoint on the map and remaining there for the rest of the game.
- When an attached status is not properly removed, a unit can stay attached to their 'Anchor' indefinitely. When the other effects run out, a player attached to someone else can cast abilities and use basic attacks within their own range, but is unable to move or be moved. They will always and immediately return to their 'Anchor' when blinking away any distance.
- By default (when no other animation is called/applicable), attached units will use their 'idle' animation, even while being moved around by their 'Anchor'.
- For comparison, a unit that is being knocked back will use their standard 'run' animation by default.
- Unlike dashing or being knocked across the map, being attached does not show your current movement on the mini map.
- During the development of
VGU, allowing her to attach to any missile was tested, but ultimately scrapped in favor of her current, more standard mobility tools.
- With the release of , he became the first champion to attach to a missile as a technical means to implement movement in a circle nicely.