Touched by The Eternal
These beings embody concepts and celestial magics. They are able to meld with mortals, making them their hosts, or merely imbue them with stellar power. Through these mortals, they are able to traverse and/or interact with the mortal plane with relative efficiency.
The sky around Mount Targon shimmers with celestial bodies: the sun and moon, but also constellations, planets, fiery comets that streak through the darkness, and auspicious arrangements of stars. The people living at Targon's base believe these to be aspects of long-vanished stellar beings, creatures powerful and ancient on a scale beyond human comprehension. Some believe the power of these Aspects sometimes comes down the mountain within the lambent bodies of those climbers found worthy. Such an occurrence is unimaginably rare, and amazing tales of their exploits form around such individuals, who only ever appear once every few generations.
With the exception of the  It is incredibly unusual for more than a single Aspect to walk the earth of Runeterra at any given time, so with the signs of several Aspects being present on Runeterra is a cause for concern for the morals of the planet.and its hosts, the Aspects rarely interfere with the mortal realm outside of time with great needs.
- Aspect Hosts: Aspect Hosts gain their abilities from the Aspects.
Aspects & Their Related Hosts
|Constellation Name(s)||Embodiment Of||Previous Hosts||Current Host|
|6 The Golden Sister (Speculation)||The Sun / Daylight's Star|
|The Judicator (Speculation)||Justice, Righteousness, Truth||Mihira (Justice)|
|The Protector||Guarding Life, Love, and Beauty|
|6 The Silver Sister (Speculation)||The Moon / Evening's Star|
|The Trickster (Speculation)||Twilight, Change, Mischief,
Communication, Heralding, Informing
|5 The Warrior||War, Combat, Conflict||Areion
Aspects, as entities of the celestial realm, do not have physical forms. Therefore, with the only exception being the, they require mortal hosts if they wish to influence the events on Runeterra. Though the influence of an Aspect is limited without a host, they are each undeniably powerful in their own way. lore refers to them as "dispassionate and incurious things, contributing little to existence."
Their pure form are unknown to anyone from Runeterra. Over the centuries, there have been countless legends about the Aspects among the people of Targon, but they can never seem to agree on the details. Some might believe they are literally the stars and constellations in the sky. Some might envisage them as god-like avatars striding across the heavens. And some might dare to whisper that they are beings from another world altogether.
What is known for certain is that the Aspects are unusually focused on Runeterra, and have been for millennia. But they and their motivations aren’t "human," so they're unlikely to share the knowledge of their state of being.
When an aspect leaves their host, the mortal host usually dies. Normally if an Aspect's host is slain, the Aspect returns to the celestial realm and will need to find a new host. It’s also unheard of for an Aspect to truly die until 5 The Warrior while the host survived.slayed
- In the majority of the lore, the hosts are referred to simply as Aspects. However, the two entities are fundamentally different, despite the same terminology use in stories.
- Each Aspect is an embodiment of a concept, if they die, the concept they embody (war, twilight, wandering and etc.) will disappear from reality, changing it as a whole. The Darkin had their celestials/concepts already erased, but the efforts of other ascended and mortals with sealing the darkin prevent them from fading into nothingness.
- Eternals are long forgotten deities of Runeterran history that are preserved in the Celestial Realm in the form of constellations and archetypes. It is unclear if some of these deities are also Aspects as some of them share titles and characteristics.
created several of the stars and constellations that mortals of Runeterra would refer to as the aspects, much to the dismay of Aurelion Sol.
- 6 The Golden Sister and 6 The Silver Sister likely embody Runeterra's Sun and Moon, two celestial bodies created by Aurelion Sol.
- 1 The Charger, 7 The Destroyer, 9 The Great Beyond, 8 The Immortal Fire, 2 The Messenger, 10 The Scourge, 0 The Serpent, and 3 The Trickster Legends of Runeterra cards while not being the aspects themselves, are possiblyconstellation representations of them in the night skies.
- 2 Tyari the Traveler/4 The Traveler was confirmed to not be an Aspect despite her similarities with other Aspects.
- In one of Ezreal's Field Notes, he states that a tribal shaman once told his soul was “entwined with” the Aspect of the Wanderer. It has not yet been confirmed if such Aspect does exist.
- Ask Riot: Why do aspects need hosts? And what do they look like in their pure form? Like floaty balls of light?
- The Aspects' interference in the mortal realm
- Taric's Bio "Reborn as the Aspect of the Protector..."
- Aspects' death
- Aspects and Darkin Concepts 1
- Aspects and Darkin Concepts 2