- Little Legend: A small being that the player is able to control around the map. A Little Legend is present at all times.
- Battlefield Side: Where the fighting happens. Allocated battlefield is hexagonal board with size 4 x 7, situated on the southern half. If your unit cap is not reached, the leftmost champion(s) on your Bench is automatically placed near the center of the Battlefield. If your Bench limit is reached and you enter the carousel, the champion you picked is placed on the bottom row, on the furthest left available space.
- Bench: Champions bought from the Store are placed here. Up to 9 champions are inventoried until you move them onto the battlefield.
- Store: You'll see a random selection of champions, including duplicates, from a shared pool in the store. Duplicate champions combine to create stronger versions of that champion. Possession of three duplicates will upgrade into one high-level champion (Bench & Battlefield). If there is no room on the bench but there is enough of a champion in the store to upgrade an owned one, then when the player tries to purchase one of them, enough will be bought to upgrade the unit and use no extra space.
- Lock/unlock the store: You can lock your store so that it won't automatically refresh at the start of the round. This is useful if there's something you want but can't afford in a given moment.
- Refresh ( 2): Pay a little gold to refresh the champions in the store. This happens for free at the start of each round, but sometimes you'll want to see more options.
- Buy XP ( 4): Pay gold to gain 4 experience points. The higher your level, the more (powerful and expensive) champions you can pick from.
- Trait Tracker: Track the origin and class bonuses that your champions qualify for. Displays up to 10 origin and class. On other player arena, it shows that player trait bonuses instead.
- Item Inventory: Items go here until they're equipped to champions (drag and drop to equip). When you sell a champion with items equipped, the items return here. You can have up to 10 items. You can hover items together to see the combination.
- Gold Generators: Gold generators appear based on how much gold you already have. Each generator is worth one interest gold at the start of your next turn.
- Scoreboard: Tab 1 shows all players' health in the game. Click on players to view their arena. Tab 2 shows realtime damage output from your champions in the current round.
- Stage Tracker: Shows the current game element, and shows and records rounds of the current stage. It indicates rounds you won in blue, lost in red, current in yellow. Rounds that is not yet to play are gray out. Tells you which battle phase you're currently in and how much time is left.
- Opponent's Side: When facing another player's team, you'll also see their bench, item inventory, and gold generators. And of course, you'll encounter their Little Legend.
- This is where the fight happen. The battlefield is a rectangular board filled with 8 x 7 hexagons.
- When the round has not yet started, players can place and rearrange their champions on their half side (4 x 7) of the battlefield.
- There is a limit number of champions a player can play. This number increases as the game process, based on your Little Legend level.
- The number of champions appear on the battlefield and the maximum number of champions appear in the enemy area during preparing state.
- If your unit cap is not reached, the leftmost champion(s) on Bench is automatically placed near the center of the Battlefield.
- Players can increase the number of champions at the beginning on the battlefield by acquiring the item .
- When a round started, new units, and even new champions, may appear on the battlefield. This can come from abilities of champions or from their synergies.
- The area to stores champions player have bought but are not in the battlefield. Player have 9 slots in the bench.
- If a player enters the carousel with both of their battlefield and bench full, the new picked champion will appear in an available space in the bottom row.
- While this is happening, players cannot reposition or swap them from champions in the bench.
- The number of champions on your side exceeds the limit.
- If the number of benched champions is decreased, the number of champions needed reduce the units on the board to your level will be returned to the Bench randomly and automatically if possible, if not, only the amount equal to the amount of freed space will be transferred.
"You belong in a museum!"
Each game of TFT in Set 2 will have an element assigned, spawing elemental hexes of that element during the planning phase. The hexes will spawn in the same places for all players on every round; the first appears at Stage 1-1, and the second one appears at Stage 3-1.
A Champion that occupies the hex when the round starts may gain an elemental buff in the form of an item, provided that their inventory is not full. This buff is retained through the combat phase.
With the Battle Pass, players can earn skins.
- Pit Stop Arena was called "Landing Site" during development.
- Drifting Park Arena was called "Space Trees" during development.