- Ice Sea: It is the sea north of the Valoran continent. It is the gateway to the Arctic from Freljord. The Glacial Prison and Ursine Lands are located there.
- Glacial Prison: is located northwest from Valoran, in the Arctic ice-sheath. Far beyond the known lands of Valoran, in the deepest, darkest spaces beneath the world, servants of the mythical Watchers are drawn to the power of the World Runes.
- Ursine Lands: It is a land that can be found just above northern Freljord, being separated from the rest of Valoran by the Ice Sea. This is where the demigod has staked out territory via his followers, the Ursine. It is probably located at or near the North Pole of Runeterra.
Bale Striders, also known as the Wanderers, are a Freljoridan legend. A dark omen, these giant beasts are said to roam the Arctic areas around the north of the Freljord. Having body shapes similar to giraffes, their striking features are their giant True Ice like horns, their cycloptic blue glowing eyes, and humanoid arm like protrusions scattered across their bodies like fur. Depictions of these creatures can be seen on the numerous bridges of the Howling Abyss. Bjerg the Wanderer was the only traveler that believes he has sighted these creatures in recent memory, though his experience has left him babbling and insane. According to , they are her "strange enemies" who have dark, corrupting magic from the past.
Grellfeen are giant frost-like serpents originating from the northern icey salt waters of the Freljord, specifically the Ice Sea area near the Ursine Lands. They have a row sword sharp teeth used for ripping of flesh. Like the frost serpents, they have a thick sharp hide that enables them to survive low temperatures. Unlike their relatives, the grellfeen can grow to an enormous size, being able to rap its entire limbless body around a Freljordian ship. They have large bloodshot eyes and front nostrils. The Ursine usually hunt these animals for sport and food, although some tribes have also been seen hunting them when times are desperate. Their meat can be carved into large chunks and transported by boat to the coast.
- As seen from the world map, the entire landmass is covered in snow.
- The only named territory of the arctic region is an island north of Freljord, known simply as the Ursine Lands.