- 'Arcane' redirects here. For more uses, see Arcane (disambiguation).
Arcane is an animated television series set in the League of Legends universe. The series was unveiled during the League of Legends 10th Anniversary celebrations. It is currently being developed and produced by Riot and animated by Fortiche Productions in Paris, France. The first season was expected to release in 2020, however it was delayed until 2021 in light of the COVID-19 outbreak. It was announced on May 3rd, 2021, that it would premiere exclusively on Netflix in the fall of 2021. On September 25th, 2021, the release date for the first 3 episodes was revealed to be on November 6th, 2021. Episodes will be released in 3 Acts, with each act composing of 3 episodes. Episodes are roughly 40 minutes long.
Based on the world behind League of Legends, Arcane dives into the delicate balance between the rich, utopian city of Piltover and the seedy, oppressed underground of Zaun. Known across Runeterra as the "city of progress," many of the most brilliant minds call these cities home. But the creation of hextech, a way for any person to control magical energy, threatens that balance. The story follows the origins of two iconic League champions-and the power that will tear them apart. Like the game on which it is based, Arcane is aimed at a "14+" audience and will deal with some more adult subject matter.
- Series co-creator, Christian 'Praeco' Linke, also composed and themes.
- The show was independently financed by Riot which, according to Jarred Kennedy, Riot's global head of IP businesses and partnerships, gave the studio “the creative oversight that we needed.”
- The series will be most appealing to those who are already familiar with the mythology of the game and want to further explore its roots. Riot co-founder Brandon 'Ryze' Beck told The Hollywood Reporter: “Originally, League started off with a bunch of characters and we threw them together really quickly. Over time, players became really attached to the characters and we wanted to build more of a universe around them [with Arcane].”
- An online Russian article regarding the Russian voice over cast has revealed several bits of information before other news sites, such as  being part of the cast, Mel being part of the Medarda Clan, and a character called Ambessa.