|“||"I am right. This is what the moon tells me."|
|— Alune to Aphelios|
Lunari during a lunar convergence, when the moon of the spirit realm eclipsed the physical moon, and were hailed as children with an important destiny. Aphelios was physically gifted like the moon of stone, while Alune was magically gifted by the spirit moon. They both grew up as loyal believers in their faith, one of mystery, discovery and reflection, and embraced the night not only due to their belief, but as their only shield against the Solari, who considered Lunari heretics and sought to destroy them. As a result, the Lunari hid away until it was thought they no longer existed.and were twins, born to the
Alune's twin Aphelios was burdened by the weight of expectations. He trained with his moonstone blades until he bled, ready to protect his fellow Lunari. He bonded only with his sister, preferring her company to others'. Alune herself trained as a seer, revealing hidden paths and truths by moonlight. As she grew in power, however, the tasks she undertook required her to leave their home.
The Temple Opens
With his sister being gone more often, Aphelios grew desperate for purpose. He decided to perform a ceremony which would reveal one's path. In doing so, he discovered a pool where poisonous noctum flowers grew. The blooms could be distilled into a liquid that would open him to the night's power - however, drinking it caused Aphelios to feel so much pain that he became numb to everything else.
One day, the Lunari temple, the Marus Omegnum, began to come into phase to emerge from the Spirit Realm for the first time in centuries. Every time the temple opened, a person gifted in magic was chosen to occupy it. Alune was chosen to be the occupant. Lunari from around the mountain to watch, and Aphelios, who was not known for asking for things, asked to attend.
But as the halls of the temple entered the physical realm, the Solari discovered the ceremony. They attacked the Lunari, defeating Aphelios and causing him to reach for the noctum flowers and eat one. Alune rushed deeper into the temple and eventually reached its heart. There, her magical abilities were amplified. Through the poison in Aphelios' blood Alune could give him power and give him new moonstone weapons.
Alune drew herself and the temple back into the spirit realm to keep it safe from the Solari. Inside, she could send power anywhere, as long as it had a focus, like the poison in Aphelios' blood from eating the noctum flower. With this newfound power, the two of them vowed to protect the Lunari at all costs.
You Are the Weapon
, along with Alune looking through his senses, was in a cave. Preparing for an attack, Aphelios drank poison from the noctum flowers in order to make sure that Alune could better connect to him through the poison in his body. After preparing, Aphelios scaled Mount Targon with the help of his weapons. He reached his destination, an area on the side of the mountain. This area contained several Solari people, who he quickly killed. On the ground, he found a . With this discovery, he and Alune realized that was running. Aphelios picked it up and walked into the night, intent on finding her.
Alune is a slender, pale-skinned woman with long white hair, in contrast with her brother's short dark hair. She wears elegant, flowing robes with a distinct palette of black, purple, and turquoise. The most distinctive ornaments of her attire are the silver diadem of the Targonians on her head and the silver necklace with the Lunari symbol. Alune wears some marks/makeup on her face with part of the Lunari symbol that completes with the mark/makeup on her .
Alune is a very devoted and mysterious individual but she is also extremely protective and caring for her twin brother, seer of the moon and her attention and care for her brother, who counts on her guidance.. She is often faithful to her goddess whom she refers to as Mother Moon, she always tries to balance her duty as a
- Spiritual Link: Since birth, she and her brother are spiritually connected. Using her magic, Alune can interact with Aphelios even if they are on different dimensions.
- Priestess: Being trained since young, Alune is very wise in the ways of the Lunari and retains knowledge on performing spells, rituals and is able to draw power from celestial objects, beings and events.
- Celestial Magic: Marus Omegnum, is able to draw on the powers of various celestial beings to create an arsenal of mystical weapons for her . , from her place in
- Telepathy: Within the Marus Omegnum, can focus telepathic thoughts on Aphelios, as long as the power has a focus, like the noctum poison Aphelios drinks.
- Seer: Alune can glimpse the future in moonlight.
and her twin brother have had a deep connection to each other since birth, each relying on the other. Alune refers to him as Phel. They have a strong attachment to opposites: light and darkness, physical and spirit, life and death, and so balance each other out.
and Alune are currently searching for the Aspect of the Moon, .
Alune is friends withand , who visit her periodically in the Spirit Realm.
Lunari twins, but tells them not to feel it. what considers would be to deny her and her their existence.knows the pain of the
views and as her and , as they are also twins with themes that are polar opposites.
- The name Alune is possibly based on Latin , which shares the same PIE root *lewk- as and .
- Sun and Moon twins from Indo-European mythology; the difference being that belong to the Lunari order. and are possibly inspired by the
- Alune is voiced by Tania Gunadi, who also voices her in Legends of Runeterra.
- Laura Vall provided the vocals for Aphelios's theme.
- Alune spends most of her time in the spirit realm meditating and scrying the future.
- Alune loves to explore and see beauty and wonder.
- can't talk when he consumes poison to connect to his sister. Because of this, all the in-game voice lines are done by .
- Her and her brother's face tattoos, when placed together, have a similar appearance to .
- Alune and Aphelios' markings are close to a gibbous moon to signify that the Lunari are growing in power again.
- They are divided to symbolise the true extent of their power while together.
- In the skin Nightbringer Aphelios, while Aphelios is a , Alune is a .
- Alune appears in 3Aphelios and Alune, 2 Gifts From Beyond and 4 The Veiled Temple.
- Alune also appears in:
|19 Nov 2019 (During V9.23)||Added.|
- DeVaan, . Etymological Dictionary of Latin, p. 352
- Zimberfly on Alune's Voice Actress
- Talonodor on Aphelios Singer
- Interlocutioner on Aphelios' Narrative Development
- Interlocutioner on Aphelios' Narrative Development
- Kindlejack on Alune Face Circle