The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- Due to Japanese rhotacism, Akali may sound identical to Japanese 明かりakari "light, brightness, gleam", from Old Japanese stative verbal root *aka(-r-) "to be red, to be bright" (> aka(-i) 赤(い) "red")
- Akali's dance referenced Single Ladies by Beyoncé.
- A side-by-side comparison can be seen here.
- Akali was the only energy-based champion to have any associated cost on their (one Essence of Shadow).
- was going to be a skillshot but became single-targeted instead.
- Akali used to gain the Easter egg debuff ("This unit is a flippin' ninja!" - "Ninjas are more effective when they work alone. For every Ninja on your team beyond yourself, you lose 1 health.") when she, , , and/or found themselves on the same team. It was removed in V3.14 for unknown reasons. cosmetic
- Akali is the second champion, after
, to have an emote that will orient itself the same (facing towards the camera), no matter what direction Akali was facing.
- However, she is the first to always reposition herself to face the camera when using the emotes, and has this function on both her dance and joke emotes.
- Her previous title and visual appearance are still considered her canon title and look around the age of 17.
- Akali is voiced by Laura Bailey.
- Akali is voiced by Krizia Bajos, who also voices Silent Shadowseer in Legends of Runeterra.
- Scrapped spells in development include:
- A early concept depicted the shroud emerging in the shape of a dragon, but was removed for visual noise reduction.
- There was an early animation of a spinning slash with a katana that was cut for being too similar to . There's a stump model from this animation that was never removed from her files.
- She is currently around 19 years old.
- Much like her , Akali is 163 CM (5'3") high.
- Akali was not her mother's original choice to inherit her title of The Fist of Shadow.
- "So many noobs... will matchmaking ever find true balance?" references (albeit in a rather tongue-in-cheek fashion) the criticism towards the matchmaking system, often matching up teams of wildly varying levels, causing lower-leveled players to be stomped on by higher-level ones.
- She is one of the few champions to say 'noob', along with .
- "Tread lightly." resembles "Tread carefully."
- "Steel beats Rock, references ."Pokemon, where Rock-type Pokémon are weak to Steel-type attacks.
- "Everyone dies, I just speed things up." resembles "Everybody dies. Some just need a little help".
- Akali shares quotes with:
- "Playtime's over."
- She eats Tonkotsu ramen in her joke animation.
- Her back tattoo possibly depicts the Azure Dragon.
- Her previous model is her appearance during the time she was part of the Kinkou two years prior.
- The scene depicted has her using on an adversary.
- She resembles Mortal Kombat. from
- The same two men from splash art can be seen in hers.
- Her back tattoo is replaced with two wasps.
- This skin shares the Infernal theme with:
- It also shares the 'Arabian' theme with:
- This skin used be before Akali's Visual Gameplay Update.
- Infernal Akali's fiery appearance references the most dangerous kind of Djinn, the Ifrit made of 'smokeless fire'.
- Her wispy lower half represents servitude & her longing for freedom from her master(s).
- She eats Super Spicy Mega Death ramen in her joke animation.
- This skin shares the Soccer Cup theme with:
- This skin is the first skin to show Akali unmasked
- She is an all-star soccer player.
- She celebrates the 2010 FIFA World Cup along with:
- , , and can be seen in the splash art's background.
- This skin shares the Rift Hospital theme with:
- She was proposed by the community.
- In 2011, she went 50% off during March 21–27, with the profits donated to the American Red Cross to aid the Japanese people after the earthquake of March 11.
- Her splash art might have been inspired by
- This is evident to both using surgical knives as weapons and needles as projectiles.
- The Skin originally kept Akali unmasked, but with her rework she now wears a surgical mask
- She is checking temperature.
- She was featured in the Journal of Justice (Issue 19: Contagion Warning at the institute).
- A portrait of can be seen framed on the wall above her.
- This skin shares the Blood Moon theme with:
- The mask she is wearing references the ones used in Japanese Noh theater.
- She eats Soba noodles in her joke animation.
- Her thematic resembles that of PROJECT and Battlecast skin sets.
- might be part of the PROJECT universe as before augmentation due to the PROJECT Command Line logo being visible on the back of her shirt. She also shares color and texture similarities with .
- She resembles Ninja Gaiden. from
- Her outfit closely resembles the one that wears.
- She references the Predator. from
- This skin shares the Culinary Masters theme with:
- Her Kama is replaced with a red Cape Lobster's claw.
- This skin shares the K/DA theme with:
- POP/STARS. of (G)I-DLE sings for her in
- Her outfit is influenced by Hip Hop culture.
- She eats Shin Ramyun in her joke animation.
- This skin shares the K/DA theme with:
- This Prestige skin was released a patch after the initial K/DA release due to rising popularity.
- This skin shares the PROJECT theme with:
- and can be seen in the background of her splash art.
- This skin shares the True Damage theme with:
- In this skinline, recruits new talents and forms a new music group.
- Akali is currently a ninja gone rogue from the Kinkou Order. Although still part of it, she operates outside of its rules and regulations.
- She and  parted on neutral terms. Neither hates the other but both disapprove of the other's methods.
- While growing up in the Kinkou, trained her and helped her refine her shuriken techniques.
might attempt to recruit her for his Order of Shadows.
- Akali; however, wants him dead since many Kinkou members including her father Tahno were killed by him and his order.
- Akali and know each other. He has tried to flirt with her multiple times and Akali finds him hot but too crazy for her taste.
- Akali temporarily teamed up with Piltover- Zaun and got captured by him, but was later saved with the help of and . to track down after they were informed of his escape. She later pursued Jhin to
- In the second Noxian invasion of Ionia, call for help to defend a seaside village from the Noxian army including was met by Akali, , and whose arrival turned the tide of the battle.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.