- Beyond rank 1, the cooldown, allowing to perform a high-damage burst combo by timing her attacks. Specifically, can cast , follow it up with , then finish with another for extremely high burst damage.
debuff lasts longer than the
- Full Sequence: --> wait for mark's cooldown --> --> autoattack --> --> autoattack.
- If you are under level six, you can surprise enemies low on health by substituting with to get a kill.
- When harrassing a squishy opponent, be sure to use an auto-attack to detonate
. Save for when your target is out of auto-attack range to deal maximized damage.
- You can use to harrass tough melee opponents from range.
- Manage energy by using only the abilities that will deal the most damage. Spaming her abilities will drain her resources and lower the damage she can inflict over time.
- The stealth and slow of can be used offensively to provide cover and allow her to chain skill combos on the enemy more quickly, but can also be used defensively to prevent drawing enemy focus during team fights and to provide aid in retreating after team fights or running from ganks. Be wary of , as well as champion abilities that may reveal you.
- brush, as you can overlap them to break vision with both the brush and to juke enemies. You can drop a or a over a wall and use the vision provided to to a monster over the wall. is great for running from enemies in the jungle, especially near
- The ability can also be used to check brushes for enemies as the stealth prevents you from being seen by enemy champions in the same brush.
- minions can be useful to quickly disengage. to nearby
- gold by last hitting minions and pushing lanes as it deals AoE damage. is great for farming
- ability, .
strength greatly increases once she gains access to . Before level six, you will oftentimes not be able to get close enough to enemies to proc her main damaging
- Once you hit your first 3 stacks of gank. is an excellent roamer due to her burst damage and chasing power. , look around the map for an easy
- If an enemy is out of range, you can use on an enemy minion to close the distance, allowing you to catch up with or another .
- attack damage and ability power is useful for as well as built-in life steal and spell vamp.
is an essential item for and should probably be purchased as a first or second item. The additional
- Getting an early is beneficial for early game sustain, along with .
- is close to mandatory as a first or second item, allowing to get into fights without getting immediately focused down even if her shroud is revealed.
- can deal a massive amount of burst damage with combined with her passive by auto-attacking an enemy marked with .
- Since magic resist. Therefore, purchasing a and/or an will ensure she can take out targets and keep her damage relevant throughout the game. Either item probably should be purchased after boots and . is an assassin capable of dealing heavy burst damage to a single target, she is heavily countered by the target's
- slow is applied with her and , allowing her to stick to targets better and reducing the chance that they get away. The additional health also helps keep her alive longer during teamfights or small skirmishes. However, with her 3 long-range dashes and built-in speed / slow, this is often not necessary. is a viable item to get because the
- is at best a mediocre choice even when paired with or . The percent health damage is wasted given the bursty nature of her damage and the fact that she has no means of applying it from a distance.
- Because the base damage and ability power ratios of abilities are fairly poor, is highly beneficial, granting her more ability power and further complimenting her damage with .
- Purchasing early can make you very powerful late game if you are able to earn a decent number of kills without dying. Although this is extremely beneficial, it is situational, relying on your early game performance and continued success.
- Even though this item's upgrade, suppression isn't affected by tenacity and can render Akali useless during a teamfight. , gives no AP, is a strong item of choice on Akali, because she is very vulnerable to CC. Remember that thanks to , she gains spellvamp from Mercurial Scimitar. This item is virtually essential if there are champions like , and on the enemy team, as their
are a reasonable alternative to , because there are very few items that give cooldown reduction and synergize with Akali, and cooldown reduction allows her to recharge faster.
- are also a very good choice and often surpass the other two, since she's likely to be locked down as soon as she comes within range.
Script error Script error Script error Script error
- is most effective when making quick kills. The longer she has to stick around in a fight the more susceptible she is of taking a heavy amount of damage.
- She isn't as effective against durable opponents because of her low base health and the fact that she is a champion that has to burst a target down quickly.
- Do not underestimate 's secondary damage, as it is where most of her damage comes from.
uses , she can use it to get in and out of stealth, making it tricky to target her. However, having a will make her more vulnerable and easier to take down, and they are highly recommended if one should look to fight her. Investing in a Greater Vision Totem may give you an edge and might prevent her from engaging in the first place.
- can damage with , despite being invisible due to her . This can be an effective way to damage her in her , potentially forcing her to run from her cover. Many other champions have similar auto-targeted abilities that don't require vision.
- After cooldowns in order to deal her burst damage again, which takes a while, even with cooldown runes and masteries. When fighting against her, use this time to take her down, if ever you survive her initial burst. burst, she has to wait for her
- When you are chasing her, make sure you are aware of the amount of HP you have, due to the fact that she can nuke quite easily and score a kill on you.
, play more offensively before she reaches level 6; try to deny her early game, as she usually has the advantage once she gets her .
- has very few ways of dealing with pressure early. She can choose between returning damage or farming from a distance with her , and using her to farm without being heavily punished or as an escape. Abuse her weakness to try and gain a level advantage before she unlocks her Ultimate.
- AoE, meaning that she will come out of stealth briefly if she performs any offensive actions or leaves it. Try to move out of the AoE as fast as possible to prevent her from bursting you while in stealth, or pick up a if you mean to fight her. will stealth her only while she is idle inside the
- Take great care when chasing , as her and her will make her a very effective juker and escape artist.
- Champions with AoE abilities or reveals (such as ) can be an extremely effective counter.
- Hitting with hard CC makes her extremely vulnerable.
- Good players will use to jump out of a fight if there are nearby minions or neutral monsters.
- A common strategy among Akali players, is to, after level 6, go to other lanes and take advantage of to get multiple kills and help her allies by making them gain assistances and pushing their lanes. If you have no vision of Akali and is unsure of where she is, remember to warn your allies. Because Akali is a champion with a lot of snowball potential, making her ganks succeed can be extremely detrimental to your team.