The 2010 Winter Games Celebration was an event to celebrate the Riot Games Inc. introduced limited edition Winter Games skins and runes, as well as a Winter Games-themed variation of the winter map. The event began on February 12 and was ended on March 2.Winter Olympics.
- For more in-depth look, see Winter Sports
Eight new skins were released on Day 1 of the Winter Games event. These skins were available for purchase throughout the entirety of the Winter Games celebration:
To kick off the Winter Games event, the following four skins were available for 30% off during the opening weekend (February 12–14) After the sale period ended, the skins returned to their regular prices:
Six special Winter Games runes were released that were only available during this event (February 12 - March 2) Three of the runes were Tier 1.5, and the other three were Tier 2.5:
- Mark of the Combatant (Tier 2.5, critical damage)
- Lesser Mark of Alpine Alacrity (Tier 1.5, attack speed)
- Seal of the Extreme (Tier 2.5, dodge)
- Lesser Seal of the Medalist (Tier 1.5, health)
- Glyph of the Soaring Slalom (Tier 2.5, cooldown reduction)
- Lesser Glyph of the Challenger (Tier 1.5, AP per level)
On the second weekend of the event, the winter map was replaced with the Winter Games map, a variant of the winter version of Summoner's Rift that included many Winter Games elements and decorations.