Chinese artwork Edit
- Xin Zhao was designed by Geeves.
- Xin Zhao was released concurrently with Season One.
- Xin Zhao is voiced by Šablóna:W.
- Xin Zhao has one of the longest auto attack range out of all the melee champions, tied with Šablóna:Ci ,Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci and Šablóna:Ci.
- In the Chinese version of the game, Xin Zhao's name is rendered as Zhao Xin (赵信), as Chinese names are written with their family name first.
- His name Xin (信) means "Trust" in Chinese.
- "Zhao" in Chinese is a unique character, only usable as a last name.
- He shares the family name of Šablóna:W (赵云), a famous general during the Three Kingdoms Era and a friend of Liu Bei. Like Yun, he uses a spear as weapon.
- He may also be named after Šablóna:W, a Han general.
- Xin Zhao is the only champion that references Asian culture but does not belong to Ionia.
- Xin Zhao's joke is a reference to the question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?" This in turn is a reference to the Chinese word Maodun, 矛盾 (lit. spear and shield) which means "Contradiction".
- In the French version of the game, Xin Zhao's /joke is different. It is a reference to Šablóna:W of The Adventures of Tintin comic book series. It refers to when Tintin meets Wang's son for the first time.
- In the German version of the game, Xin Zhao's joke translates to: "Find me an immovable object, so that I can bury you under it!"
- Imperial Xin Zhao is likely a reference to the famed Chinese general Šablóna:W, whom Xin Zhao shares many characteristics with.
- In the Chinese novel, Šablóna:W, Zhao Yun is described as a courageous, loyal, and heroic warrior, depicting him surviving insurmountable odds many times single-handedly.
- Viscero Xin Zhao is a reference to his time as a gladiator fighting in the Noxian arena, The Fleshing.
- Winged Hussar Xin Zhao is a commemorative skin created to celebrate the launch of League of Legend's Polish servers.
- Šablóna:W were a type of cavalry fielded by Poland, and later by the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth in the XVI and XVII century. They were famed for their deadly charges.
- The skin was temporarily exclusive to participants in the Polish Closed Beta, but was leaked to the EU and US, forcing them to release it.
- Commando Xin Zhao is a reference to the Imperial Guard of the Šablóna:W series.
- Warring Kingdoms Xin Zhao is a homage to Koei's design of Zhao Yun in Dynasty Warriors, a game based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
- Xin Zhao was saved from Noxian imprisonment by Šablóna:Ci grandfather, Jarvan Lightshield the Second.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.