Chinese artwork Edit
- Mordekaiser was designed by Coronach.
- Mordekaiser is one of five champions voiced by Adam Harrington, the other four being Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci, and Šablóna:Ci.
- Every one of Mordekaiser's abilities is in reference to a heavy metal song:
- Šablóna:Ai / Šablóna:Ai are both songs by Šablóna:W.
- The buff to the prisoner from Šablóna:Ai used to be called Šablóna:W, an Šablóna:W song; however, now, it is simply called "Children of the Grave buff."
- Šablóna:Ai refers to the song Šablóna:W, by Šablóna:W from the eponymous album, Ace of Spades.
- Šablóna:Ai is translated to "Morgenstern" in the German and french versions of the game. "Morgenstern" is in German the name of the weapon he uses. Šablóna:W is also a song by Šablóna:W. Translated back to English, Morgenstern means "morning star", a category of spiked, medieval mace-like weapons.
- Šablóna:Ai refers to the song Šablóna:W, by Šablóna:W.
- Šablóna:Ai is a song by Šablóna:W from the album Šablóna:W.
- Šablóna:Ai is translated to "Metallische Luft" in the German version of the game, which translates back to Metallic Air, also a reference to Metallica.
- Mordekaiser is one of the four champions who use health as a resource for casting spells. The other three champions are Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci, and Šablóna:Ci.
- Mordekaiser's name is derived from the online identity of Yun "Stich" Lam, the girlfriend of a Riot designer, Ezreal.
- "Mordekaiser" means "Murder Emperor" when translated from German.
- Currently Šablóna:Ai applies the longest damage over time debuff in the game.
- The meme of "Mordekaiser es #1, huehuehue" originates from a NA League of Legends user who made the "Brasil 5v5 tier list". This was later popularized by McRoosterDota's video
- Mordekaiser's quotes are also metal references.
- Mordekaiser breaks the fourth wall on occasion, saying "You only need to click once, fool!" when he is ordered to move.
- "So be it... Summoner." Is a direct reference to Šablóna:W from the Šablóna:W saga when the Emperor says to Luke Skywalker: "So be it... Jedi."
- Mordekaiser's quote, "Time to shred" is similar to Šablóna:Ci quote, "Time to feed."
- Mordekaiser shares the same quote withŠablóna:Ci: "If I must."
- When Šablóna:Ci captures the western altar, the spectre will sometimes say "Mordekaiser is not to be trusted".
- Mordekaiser shares a quote with Renekton "Carnage!"
- Mordekaiser shares a Pentakill skin theme with Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci and Šablóna:Ci.
- Dragon Knight Mordekaiser shares a similar color scheme with Dragon Knight from Dota 2
- Lord Mordekaiser originally had a spike on its belt, which was removed for suggestiveness. This could still be seen during the loading screen for a couple patches, but has since been corrected.
- The skin in question may have been a reference to William Murderface's codpiece from the television show Metalocalypse.
- Lord Mordekaiser skin resembles Lord Sauron from Lord of the Rings.
- To be specific, it also resembles the other Dark Lord from Tolkien works, Melkor/Morgoth from The Silmarillion, Sauron's master and the first Dark Lord.
- It also resembles the first Overlord from the Šablóna:W videogame franchise.
- It also resembles the Chaos Space Marines in Warhammer 40000 Universe (the Chinese image is very similar to Šablóna:W cover).
- Mordekaiser originally came from the Shadow Isles but is currently stalking the slums of Noxus.
- Mordekaiser is in the metal band Pentakill with Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci, Šablóna:Ci and Šablóna:Ci. According to the Journal, the band is said to be successful across Valoran.
- Mordekaiser and Šablóna:Ci know each other, and are stated to have similar beliefs, but disagree when it comes to how they achieve their goals.
- The western altar warned Hecarim to distrust him.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.