Chinese artwork Edit
- Kog'Maw was designed by Ezreal
- Kog'Maw is voiced by Šablóna:W, Who also voices Šablóna:Ci.
- Kog'Maw was first spotted during the official Šablóna:Ci announcement post. He can be seen in one of the screenshots.
- Kog'Maw's name may be reference to the Cebuano term "kogmo" which refers to hardened mucus in the nose.
- The 'Maw' part also means an appetite; a stomach; the receptacle into which food is taken by swallowing.
- Ironically, even though Kog'Maw's lore and a majority of his quotes speak of his "insatiable" hunger, every ability (except his passive) involves regurgitation.
- His /dance is a tribute to Šablóna:W from the classic Šablóna:W short One Froggy Evening. A side-by-side comparison can be seen here .
- When Kog'Maw is reviving (Šablóna:Cai or Šablóna:Ii), his passive does not proc, and instead will do his dance in high speed.
- Kog'Maw was one of the champions chosen for the Noxian pool available during the Ionia vs. Noxus match. He was not one of the selected champions however.
- Kog'Maw is one of the four champions to have abilities which allow them to continue to attack after death. Kog'Maw's ability being Šablóna:Ai and the others being Šablóna:Cai, Šablóna:Cai and Šablóna:Cai.
- Kog'maw is the only Void-related champion to not have the word "Void" in his title.
- In his idle animation, Kog'Maw blinks one eye at a time. He will also perform a brief spin/dance that is different than his actual /dance emote sometimes.
- According to Kog'Maw's 2nd /taunt line and the Journal of Justice Issue 2, another Void Champion may be on the way.
- Kog'Maw's standard joke is similar to the bugle Šablóna:W command.
- The Reindeer Kog'Maw skin does a different /joke from his others. It will sing "Fa la la la la" and, paired with Šablóna:Csi /joke, will sing the song Šablóna:W.
- Kog'Maw's champion select icon and mini-map icon have his "tongue" darkened, and almost not noticeable. The backdrop is also darker.
- Sonoran Kog'Maw skin, while appearing orange in the preview, actually appears brown in-game.
- His Classic skin art appears pink but is actually silver colored ingame.
- The Lion Dance Kog'Maw skin is a reference to the traditional Chinese Šablóna:W, performed on the Lunar New Year.
- As a Legendary Skin, the visuals of his abilities are altered to display fireworks instead.
- Deep Sea Kog'Maw skin is based on the real world Šablóna:W, a fish that dwells in the deep sea.
- In the Caterpillar Kog'Maw skin he is hunting a scarab in the US version, while he is hunting a Butterfly on the Chinese one.
- Kog'Maw and Jurassic Cho'Gath share a Jurassic skin theme.
- Kog'Maw, Šablóna:Ci and Šablóna:Ci are creatures from the Void.
- Kog'Maw was enticed into joining the League by Šablóna:Ci.
- Kog'Maw claims to have a "Daddy" that is coming to Runeterra.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.