Since energy regenerates much faster than mana, energy champions are not at the risk of depleting their resource over time. However, due to the maximum amount of energy being capped at a low amount with no growth per level, their ability combos can deplete energy in an important situation and leave them unable to cast spells for a few crucial seconds while their energy regenerates (unlike mana champions, whose mana pools increase, nullifying this problem as the game goes on). To aid this, they all have abilities that can refund a small amount of energy under particular conditions, if the actions are executed properly.
- The base maximum for energy is set to 200, with the exception of with 400 base energy.
The following champions use energy:
- The base energy regeneration is 10 energy regenerated every second (50 per 5s), effectively requiring 20 seconds to regenerate the entire 200 energy pool. will require twice as much time to restore his entire energy pool, increasing this time to 40 seconds.
- Returning to the spawning pool, which restores a percentage of your maximum energy per second.
- All ninjas in the game use energy. is the only non-ninja champion to use energy.
- In Dominion, the base energy regeneration is set to 12 per second (60 per 5s).