- Aatrox, , , , and are the only champions that use their own health as a resource for abilities.
- Aatrox glides when having high movement speed.
- played in reverse.
activation can be faintly heard anywhere on the map, with the voices speaking while active being Aatrox's voice-over lines
- Enemies hit by V5.6) will leave a blood trail between themselves and Aatrox that he will rapidly absorb (this is a remaining visual effect from PBE testing, where Aatrox would gain attack speed based on how many enemies had been hit by , that was recycled in
- Aatrox can still use emotes during revive.
- Aatrox's backstory references well-known : especially Greek , Mesopotamian , Semitic , etc..
- Aatrox is a word play on Latin atrox "fierce, savage, cruel" in turn from ater "dull black, dark", from root *h₂eh₁ter- "fire"; all referencing the Darkin weapon's physical manifestation and demonic nature (punning on dark kin), various , the strategy, and his ' ' philosophy. Latin atrox gives rise to Anglo-French atrocity.
- In-universe, Aatrox is likely the humans' pronunciation of the Darkin's real-name, whose meaning remains unknown.
- "Rage against the dying of the light" references by .
- "I know what lurks in the hearts of man" references The Shadow by ("Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows... ")
- "Peace is the greatest lie of all" might be referencing the from ("Peace is a lie, there is only passion... ")
- "Even those who have nothing can give their lives" might be referencing .
- "Pain is temporary, victory is forever" references "Pain is temporary, pride is forever".
- Most of his taunts reference "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain".
- [ | ]
- He was partially inspired by the and (both from by .
- His appearance was inspired by
from the manga and anime series .
- The method in which Darkin possess human bodies is similar to how Demons possess humans in Devilman. Humans in both instances can also overpower the demon/darkin and use their power as their own.
- His blade references the
from and/or the from by .
- sound effect references the from .
- [ | ]
- This is him depicted as a hero by the people he fought with and rescued from impending defeat.
- He shares this theme with . [ | ]
- [ | ]
- He is right-handed in the artwork but left-handed in-game.
- He is referencing
- Him being designated 'Prototype 13' might be referencing from .
- can be seen in the background (possibly his creator)
- During his , he transforms into a that references and/or from
- He shares this theme with , [ | ], [ | ], and [ | ] [ | ]
- [ | ]
- His head references a .
- He resembles from .
- He shares this theme with , [ | ], and [ | ]. [ | ]
- Aatrox is actually the Darkin once imprisoned in the sword. Aatrox' current body belongs to the thoroughly corrupt human wielder.
- as the potential end result of merging unhinged bloodlust and unbridled rage into a single vessel ("This one's rage will shape the world") [ | ] is suspected to have been chosen as Aatrox's new host, the attack on his village to serve as proof of his worth ("Tryndamere, my greatest creation") and
- DeVaan, M. Etymoligical Dictionary of Latin and other Italic languages, p. 60
I contenuti della comunità sono disponibili sotto la licenza CC-BY-SA a meno che non sia diversamente specificato.